Applications for Satellites Programme 2022 are now open.
Satellites supports practitioners at a pivotal point in their practice, and we invite emerging creative practitioners to submit a proposal.
Four creative practitioners based in Scotland will be selected to form a cohort for the 2022 edition of Satellites. The selected participants will engage critically with each other, engendering an environment of mutual support. Each practitioner will be provided with the resources and support to develop and produce one new work.
Four selected practitioners will receive:
• £3000 artist fee
• £2000 research and production budget
• Support to produce a new work
• Participation in four facilitated group critical discussion sessions
• Two group retreats (Edinburgh and elsewhere in the UK)
• Studio visits and production meetings with the Collective programme team
• A dedicated critical response, produced to accompany the new work (this could be a text, talk, workshop, podcast etc.)
• Professional documentation of new work
• Events and workshops with the other Satellites participants
• In addition to the fee and production costs, Collective provide marketing, travel and access support
We encourage applications from across the spectrum of contemporary art and creative practice including but not limited to: studio based, material (paint, sculpture, print, etc), photography, moving image, research, collaboration, curating, social engagement, activism, performance, writing, critical enquiry.
This year the selection panel for Satellites consists of artist Rabiya Choudhry, curator Sara Greavu, and writer and artist Jeda Pearl.
To find out more Download the Satellites Programme 2022 Guidelines.
Please carefully review the Guidelines and Advice & FAQs before completing this online Proposal Form, ensuring to upload these accompanying files and documents (where applicable):
- Supporting Visual Material files & Image Descriptions Document (reviewed by the panel)
- Personal Information Form (not reviewed by the panel)
- Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form (optional – not reviewed by the panel)
- Access Document (optional – not reviewed by the panel)
Applicants may upload their answers to the Proposal and Peer Development questions as mp3s (max. file size 400MB each; 800MB total), instead of written documents. These files must be uploaded through the online Proposal Form.
Further details on the programme, eligibility criteria and how to apply are available on our Advice and FAQs webpage.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Monday 4 April 2022.
Collective strives to ensure that the Satellites Programme is open and accessible to all and recognises that disabilities and restraints on an individual’s capacity take many forms and are not always visible. A small fund is available for individuals who need support in the completion of their written application to Satellites.
Please get in touch to discuss your needs as soon as possible via email@example.com or 0131 556 1264.
Our Satellites Programme is supported by Baillie Gifford.